Public Recognition for 10 eBay Sellers Who Sold for New eBay Giving Works Promotion
Sean Milliken, Executive Director of MissionFish, wrote a letter to Bill Cobb to inform him of 10 eBay sellers who participated in the first ever Spotlight on a Cause campaign with eBay Giving Works.
September 13, 2006
eBay North America
Kristin Cunningham, eBay Giving Works
Brad Williams, VP Communications
Gary Briggs, SVP, CMO Marketplaces
The eBay Community
I wanted to send you a personal note to thank you for your powerful stand on behalf of the 8,700+ members of the nonprofit community that have chosen to participate in eBay Giving Works. Your recent decision to implement the eBay Giving Works Fee Credit Policy (effective October 1st) is yet another example of eBay’s continued commitment to creating economic opportunity for the nonprofit sector through the power of the eBay Marketplace and the passion of the eBay Community. Given your own recent public “call to action” at eBay Live! in Las Vegas, I hope you don’t mind that I decided to make my appreciation public as well.
I’m happy to tell you that members of the professional eBay selling community have responded to your call by participating in the eBay Giving Works “Spotlight on Education” campaign. There’s no greater resource than America’s youth, and under your leadership, the eBay community is making a profound impact on the organizations they count on for critical services.
A few of the eBay sellers who have stepped up to list a significant amount of their inventory with eBay Giving Works include:
- George Trantas and the team from Designer Athletic (designerathletic)
- Sarah Davis and the team from Fashion Phile (fashionphile)
- Mike Jansma and the team from Gemaffair (gemaffair)
- Nir Hollander, Charlie Hollander and the team from Gem Stone King (gemstoneking)
- Harris Giddings, David Yaskulka and the team from Harris Michael (harrismichaeljewelry)
- Dan Horowitz and the team from Only Estates (onlyestates)
- Jo Beth Rath, Todd Rath and the team from Rock Bottom Golf (rockbottomgolf)
- Wes Shepherd of Channel Velocity and the team from Saeco (Saeco-usa)
- David Duong and the team from Shoe Metro (shoemetro)
- Drew Friedman and the team from White Mountain Trading Company (whitemountaintrading)
Not coincidentally, in June, Scot Wingo, Michael Jones, Max Leisten and the team at ChannelAdvisor became the first eBay Certified Solutions Provider to make eBay Giving Works available to high-volume professional sellers.
The nonprofits benefiting from the “Spotlight on Education Campaign” include nearly 100 youth serving organizations including: Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Big Brothers Big Sisters, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Boys Hope Girls Hope, Communities In Schools and more.
On behalf of all of these vital organizations and the young people they serve, I send you and all the eBay Giving Works sellers my heartfelt thanks. It is an honor for all of us at MissionFish to work with eBay and its vibrant community of buyers and sellers to make a difference.
PS We look forward to witnessing the continued passion and excitement of the eBay community as we shine the Spotlight on Breast Cancer Awareness in October!