Good but not miracle clubs.....
September 7, 2014
Rockbottom prices, shipping and condition was good, as always. As for the clubs, I waited until I've played two rounds with these. I agree with reviewers here and elsewhere that:
1) These clubs need some getting used to (give them a fair chance, and you will improve hitting them);
2) At first, the shaft's reaction seems a bit "different" (they are50/50 steel and graphite, you know :)
3) I believe the transition to 50/50 shafts will be easier for those who have already played graphite/need to go down from steel (e.g. injury/age);
4) The feeling on well struck shots is more muted, meaning vibrations to your hands/shoulders are less than let's say player/s clubs (which I like);
5) Nice weight: not heavy, but not too light either;
6) Has some offset.
I do not necessarily agree or disagree with some reviews elsewhere that these clubs are one/two/ so many yards longer than others. I can say (for me), they hit nicely off a T (par 3's), the 8-GW becomes pretty accurate weapons on the course (yardage and dispersion) after you get used to them. I am so so on the 7, and the 4,5,6 I'm still dialling in and need to get more accurate and consistent with ( Talking generally, I can usually hit any 6 pretty accurate, a 5 so so and a 4 I struggle with usually...sometimes replace the latter with a hybrid).
I need more work on the 4-7 iron, but pretty happy so far with the progress, especially the accuracy and consistent distance with the 8-GW.
Don't expect miracles.....but these deserve a decent chance !